Stephanie S. McGraw focuses on the defense of companies in product liability litigation before state and federal courts. She has represented major U.S. and international corporations and individual clients in all phases of the litigation process, including discovery and depositions, motion practice, mediation, trial preparation, trial and settlement.
Stephanie routinely represents corporations in the defense of class actions, multidistrict litigation and other high-stakes litigation.
She has represented clients in litigation involving birth control medications, orthopedic implants, personal protective equipment, durable infant products and various consumer products.
Prior to joining Shook, Stephanie was with an international firm in New York City, where she was the senior associate on a litigation team that represented the only product manufacturer named in In re World Trade Center Litigation, a consolidated action arising out of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
Stephanie has also advised consumer product manufacturers and distributors on pre- and post-market safety issues, including compliance with state and federal regulations, warnings and instructions laws, and product recall and corrective action best practices.
Stephanie is an active member of the Houston community. She is the vice president of the Young Professional’s Leadership Council for the Houston Women’s Home and 2017 incumbent President, and she is also involved in the Houston Bar Association as a member of the Campaign for the Homeless and Golf Tournament Committees.
Stephanie has also been a Cornell Alumni Admissions Ambassador Network member since graduating from Cornell University in 2004.
- Represented Pumpco Energy Services in an alleged breach of contract case where our client contended no contract existed. As first chair, impeached the plaintiff during testimony about the alleged contract, and won a directed verdict for our client. Jackson Motors, Inc. v. Pumpco Energy Services, No. 389144 (Tex. Dist. Ct., Bexar Cty., June 13, 2016).
- J.D., cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 2009
- Jurisprudence Award in Professional Responsibility (2009)
- Securities Moot Court Team (2008-2009)
- Best Brief Award, Kaufman Securities Moot Court Competition (2008, 2009)
- B.A., magna cum laude, Cornell University, 2004
- Women’s Track and Cross-Country (2000-2003)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Houston Bar Association Campaign for the Homeless Committee, Co-Chair
- Women’s Home Young Professional Leadership Council, President (2017)
- Vice President (2016)
- Education Chair (2016)
- Crawfish Boil Fundraiser Co-Chair (2015)
- Houston Bar Association, Campaign for the Homeless Committee, Golf Tournament Committee (2015-Present)
- American Bar Association, Woman Advocate Committee (2015-Present)
- NEW Moms Houston, Co-Founder (2016-Present)
- CAAAN, Member (2004-present)
- Women’s Energy Network, Member (2015-Present)
- Texas Guardian ad Litem Certification
Rate : $$$$