Stephanie L. Noble has experience representing wealth management, legal services, tax preparation, commercial real estate, event planning, insurance, technology, and apparel and consumer products clients in a wide array of complex business litigation matters, including disputes related to false advertising, legal malpractice, trademark infringement, unfair competition, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, federal and state securities, class actions, real estate, and insurance coverage.
As a former lobbyist, legislative director and spokesperson, Stephanie draws upon her 15 years of legal and political experience to advance her clients’ business and legal objectives, both during trial and throughout all phases of litigation.
Stephanie has tried cases, and argued notable motions, on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants, in federal and state courts throughout the country. Stephanie is backed by a series of trial wins—including, for example, serving on the defense team for a law firm in a seven-week jury trial against allegations of legal malpractice, and for an insurance company in a three-week jury trial against allegations of breach of contract and breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing.
Additionally, Stephanie devotes significant time to pro bono service. Early in her legal career, she achieved a complete Court of Appeal victory for a licensed clinical social worker client who had become the victim of a former patient’s stalking and harassment.
Shortly after Stephanie argued the case before the Court of Appeal, the Court of Appeal unanimously upheld the restraining order in a published opinion, in which it adopted O’Melveny’s arguments, and set precedent of wide applicability.
Prior to O’Melveny, Stephanie worked in politics, government and media relations. As a lobbyist and legislative director, Stephanie advocated for her clients by testifying before legislative committees, lobbying elected officials, and drafting and analyzing proposed legislation.
In her media relations and marketing capacities, Stephanie served as the spokesperson for a state department, where she regularly interfaced with the press, crafted and delivered messages, and cultivated public-private partnerships.
- Represented Zurich American Insurance Company in a three-week jury trial in the United States District Court for the Central District of California, against claims for breach of contract and insurance bad faith. After the close of evidence, the Court granted the insurance company’s motion for judgment as a matter of law on the plaintiff’s breach of contract claims, and the case then settled shortly before closing arguments.
- Secured a complete defense verdict in a jury trial involving allegations of legal malpractice against a major law firm
- Negotiated “walkaways” for a leading technology company in fifteen separate merger-related lawsuits
- Obtained dismissals, with prejudice, for a financial institution in two federal securities class actions alleging mutual fund kickback schemes
- Obtained a complete dismissal, with prejudice, for a mortgage servicer in a third-party action for contribution and/or indemnity
- University of Chicago, J.D.: Order of the Coif
- Claremont McKenna College, B.A., Government: magna cum laude
- Orange County Bar Association, American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$