Stephanie D. Wagner is a partner in the Government Relations & Public Law and Infrastructure Investment practices of the Chicago office. She practices in the areas of state and local government law, infrastructure development and public finance, representing public and private sector clients in a wide array of transactional, legislative and regulatory matters.
Stephanie is recognized as “Up and Coming” in Chambers USA 2016, 2017 and 2018. Stephanie was selected as a 2017 “Rising Star” by The Bond Buyer. The publication recognized 28 “stewards of the public trust, dreamers and innovators” under 40 whose professional accomplishments “have already begun to shape the industry.”
Stephanie has extensive experience in complex government transactions, particularly in the infrastructure sector. Stephanie advises on path-breaking road, bridge, airport, parking, mass transit, convention center and social infrastructure concession and public-private partnership transactions, serving in different transactions as either government entity counsel, sponsor’s counsel or lenders’ counsel.
Stephanie also broad experience in public finance transactions. She has represented clients in tax-exempt financings as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, issuer’s counsel, conduit borrower’s counsel and credit enhancer’s counsel and has participated in short-term and long-term financings involving educational institutions, 501(c)(3) corporations, multi-family housing, healthcare providers, transportation and professional sports stadiums.
Stephanie also represents clients in various state and local government matters, including in the areas of ethics, public utility tax issues and legislative drafting and statutory interpretation.
- Georgetown University Law Center, JD, magna cum laude
- Georgetown Public Policy Institute, Master of Public Policy
- Tufts University, BA, magna cum laude
Admissions : Illinois
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Women in Public Finance
- Women’s Infrastructure Network
- Member, The Goodman Theatre Scenemakers Board
- Member, 2015 Illinois Workforce Investment Board Youth Taskforce
- Fellow, 2014 Civic Consulting Alliance Emerging Civic Leader Fellowship Program
- Advising shortlisted proposer on the Colorado I-70 East project.
- Advising Chicago Transit Authority on the development of the Red Purple Modernization project.
- Advising shortlisted proposer on the Purdue University State Street redevelopment availability payment transaction.
- Advised shortlisted proposer on the Georgia I-285/Highway 400 design-build-finance transaction.
- Advised a shortlisted proposer on Project Neon, a design, build, finance, operate and maintain P3 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Advised a shortlisted proposer on the Indiana Finance Authority’s I-69 availability payment project.
- Advised a shortlisted proposer on the Ohio Department of Transportation’s Portsmouth Bypass project.
- Acted as lenders’ counsel for a shortlisted proposer on the Pennsylvania Rapid Bridge Replacement design, build finance and maintain project.
- Represented GPTC in its negotiation and execution of an $840 million TIFIA loan for the Grand Parkway project, secured by the Grand Parkway toll revenues on a subordinate basis to the outstanding toll revenue bonds.
- Represented underwriters on theRegional Transportation District of Denver’s $397.84 million tax-exempt transportation private activity bonds for the Eagle P3 Project in 2010 (Regional Deal of the Year by The Bond Buyer).
- Acted as bond counsel for various public finance offerings of the Chicago Board of Education.
- Represented the Indianapolis Local Public Improvement Bond Bank’s $159.52 million of PILOT infrastructure project bonds that were part of the sale and transfer of the City’s water and sewer systems to non-profit Citizens Energy Group in 2010 (Regional Deal of the Year by The Bond Buyer)
- Represented the Regional Transportation Authority, as issuer’s counsel, on a variety of its public finance offerings and related matters.
Rate : $$$