Stephen B. Amdur, leader of Pillsbury’s Private Equity team, has extensive experience in high-profile, multi-billion dollar mergers and acquisitions. He is also recognized by The Legal 500 U.S. as a “Next-Generation Lawyer.”
Steve operates a broad practice that spans public and private companies, private equity and venture capital investment funds, and covers a variety of industries including financial services, life sciences, media, sports, retail, chemicals, energy, telecommunications and manufacturing.
He advises on all manner of mergers and acquisitions, public and private financings, tender offers and joint ventures and is frequently engaged to guide transactions that involve U.S. and foreign companies.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented The Raine Group in numerous matters, including with respect to its growth equity investments in DraftKings Inc. and Propagate Content, and as lead financial advisor to Sprint Corporation in connection with its pending $59 billion merger with T-Mobile US Inc.
- Represented Actavis plc in numerous matters, including the $25 billion acquisition of Forest Laboratories, the $8.5 billion acquisition of Warner Chilcott plc and the $5.65 billion acquisition of Actavis Group by the former Watson Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented KKR & Co. L.P. in numerous matters, including the $2.4 billion acquisition of Sedgwick, the acquisition of Alliant Insurance Services from The Blackstone Group and the acquisition of Internet Brands from Hellman & Friedman and JMI Equity.
- Represented Leonard Green & Partners in numerous matters, including the $3 billion acquisition, along with TPG Capital, of J. Crew, the $1.6 billion acquisition of Jo-Ann Stores and the $225 million acquisition of Lucky Brand Jeans.
- Represented Holtec International on its pending acquisition of the Oyster Creek nuclear power station in New Jersey from Exelon Generation.
- Represented Allen & Company as financial advisor in numerous matters, including to the special committee of RLJ Entertainment, Inc. in connection with its $274 million acquisition by AMC Networks Inc.
- Represented Caesars Acquisition Company in numerous matters, including its $3.2 billion merger with Caesars Entertainment Corporation.
- Represented Alliant Insurance Services in numerous matters, including the acquisition of the U.S. Agencies business from QBE.
- Represented AlpInvest Partners, The Blackstone Group, The Carlyle Group, Hellman & Friedman, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. and Thomas H. Lee Partners in the €8.7 billion acquisition of VNU NV.
- Represented Sabre Holdings in the $5 billion take private sale to Texas Pacific Group and Silver Lake Partners.
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 2004
- B.A., Yale University, 2001
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$