Stephen M. (Steve) Beresheim focuses on representing R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company in smoking and health litigation in Florida and the Southeast. Through this representation he has gained considerable experience in numerous aspects of litigation and has been a member of the trial team in several cases.
Most recently Steve was a member of the trial team in the Hall case that was tried in Florida state court to a complete defense verdict. He was also a member of the trial team in the Little case that was tried in South Carolina District Court and in which Reynolds won directed verdict.
In addition to his experience as a trial team member, Steve has participated in numerous other phases of litigation, including pretrial, post-trial, and appellate. Steve is a member of the State Bar of Georgia (Georgia Product Liability Section) and The Florida Bar.
- University of Florida (J.D. with honors 1995);
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.A. 1991)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia and Florida
CLERKSHIPS : Law Clerk to Judge Walter Komanski, Ninth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida (1994)
- R.J. Reynolds resolves hundreds of Engle progeny cases in Florida federal courts
- R.J. Reynolds secures the industry’s first defense verdict in Gelep”Engle progeny” lawsuit
- Rohm and Haas wins summary judgment in biocides requirements contract dispute
- R.J. Reynolds appeals rulings in smoking and health case to Florida appellate court and U.S. Supreme Court
- R.J. Reynolds files brief in Florida Circuit Court to strike plaintiff’s claim for punitive damages in smoking and health case
Rate : $$$