Stephen R. Blacklocks’s practice centers on complex commercial litigation and financial services. Stephen’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation, particularly relating to financial services.
He has represented clients in disputes concerning a wide range of services and products. Most recently, he has been litigating and advising clients on issues relating to structured financial products. Stephen also represents clients in consumer protection actions.
Stephen is admitted to practice in United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern District of New York and in the United States Circuit Courts of Appeal for the Second, Third, and Ninth Circuits.
- Represented parties in multiple disputes relating to structured financial products, including participants in mortgage-backed securitizations.
- Defended major financial institutions in class actions concerning credit cards and other consumer financial products and services.
- Represented parties in disputes concerning letters of credit.
- Represented major cigarette manufacturer in products liability and consumer fraud cases in jurisdictions around the country.
- JD, Harvard Law School, magna cum laude, 1992
- DPhil, Oxford University, 1988
- MPhil, St. Andrews University, 1981
- MA, St. Andrews University, 1980
- New York
Rate : $$$$