Stephen J. Blazick joined Reed Smith in March 2007 and is a member of the firm’s State Tax Group. His practice focuses on complex multistate tax appeals, litigation and advice, and minimizing state tax burdens. He has experience in the following areas: franchise, corporate income, sales and use, and gross receipts taxes. He also has represented numerous clients in unclaimed property matters.
Stephen is a frequent speaker on state tax issues, and has spoken at conferences sponsored by the Philadelphia Bar Association, Delaware Chamber of Commerce, and the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Stephen successfully represented the taxpayer in Schering-Plough HealthCare Products Sales Corporation v. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 805 A.2d 1284 (Pa.Commw. 2002).
- Villanova University School of Law, 2003, LL.M., Taxation
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, 1998, J.D.
- Kutztown University, 1991, B.S., summa cum laude
- Kutztown University, 1991, B.A., summa cum laude
Professional Admissions & Qualifications :
- New Jersey
Court Admissions :
- State Supreme Court – New Jersey
- State Supreme Court – Pennsylvania
Professional Affiliations :
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Maryland Chamber of Commerce
- Certified Public Accountant, Pennsylvania
- Member of the American and Pennsylvania Institutes of Certified Public Accountant
Rate : $$$