Stephen T. Bobo is a member of the Financial Industry Group, practicing in the area of Commercial Restructuring & Bankruptcy. His practice focuses on restructuring and workout matters and related litigation, representing both debtors and creditors. He is regularly involved in various commercial bankruptcies and other court proceedings, and also represents clients in out-of-court workouts.
Steve has served as an Equity Receiver in ten federal fraud cases, and often chairs arbitration proceedings and hearing panels for disputes arising in the commodity futures industry. Stemming from his experience with the CFTC Division of Enforcement, he has represented clients before the CFTC, the SEC and other federal agencies.
- George Washington University Law School, 1980, J.D.
- Vanderbilt University, 1977, B.A., Cum Laude
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : Illinois
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court – Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Michigan
Professional Affiliations :
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation and Section of Corporation, Banking and Business Law and Chicago Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Federal Equity Receivers
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Represented various buyers acquiring various businesses out of bankruptcy proceedings free and clear of liens and claims
- Have successfully confirmed chapter 11 plans for companies in bankruptcy proceedings, including a steel service center, a specialty advertising business, an intermodal trucking company and a large commercial office building
- Represent creditors’ committees in various chapter 11 proceedings, most recently concerning a large Chicago area hotel
- Obtained favorable resolution for financial institution in chapter 11 liquidation of large telemarketer of vehicle service contracts
- On behalf of a major petroleum company, resolved lessor claims arising from a portfolio of former service station leases
- Successfully derailed a proposed chapter 11 restructuring of a Chicago office tower attempted to be forced upon its other tenant-in-common owners
- On behalf of a mezzanine lender, carried out a UCC sale of the equity interests in the owners of a portfolio of real estate assets
- Regularly represent lenders and other parties in various workout, bankruptcy and foreclosure situations, ranging from ongoing businesses to liquidations of specific assets
Rate : $$$