Stephen W. Brewer regularly represents financial institutions in a wide range of engagements including commercial real estate lending; commercial lending; preparation of form documents; development of retail and corporate banking products and services; advice about mortgage banking matters; advice about bank regulatory and compliance matters; and general corporate advice.
- Represents a lender in connection with a commercial loan for business acquisition purposes secured by a pledge of membership interests in a limited liability company.
- Represents a lender in connection with a $9,000,000 multi-phase commercial real estate loan for the purchase of an office building and $3,000,000 of related commercial loans for equipment purchases and working capital purposes for an affiliate of the borrower.
- Represents a lender in connection with the financing of the acquisition of a 244 unit apartment complex.
- Prepares form pledge agreements, deposit account control agreements, investment account control agreements, assignments of government contracts, and other commercial lending forms for various lenders.
- Provides advice and develops forms and agreements for corporate banking products and services including online banking agreements and forms, repurchase agreements and sweep account agreements and forms, lockbox agreements, ACH services agreements, and wire transfer agreements and forms for various lenders.
- Provides general corporate advice to lenders about contracts with vendors, office leases, employment and personnel matters, and office relocation matters.
- Provides advice to lenders in connection with loan modifications, forbearance agreements, loan workouts and restructurings, investigation of loan fraud and appraisal fraud, investigation of fraudulent conveyances, and foreclosures and deed in lieu transactions.
- Represents owners in connection with the negotiation and drafting of architect’s agreements and construction contracts for commercial and commercial real estate projects.
- J.D., Harvard University, 1977
- A.B., Duke University, summa cum laude, 1974
- Virginia State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Norfolk Portsmouth Bar Association
Rate : $$$