Stephen T. Burdumy represents public companies, privately-held businesses and private equity, venture capital and hedge funds, as well as investment managers, emerging companies and entrepreneurs in corporate matters.
Steve is of counsel to the Corporate and Securities and Investment Management groups. He served as a partner for 14 years in those groups. Steve also served several terms as a managing partner of our firm until he took on the position of Chief Operating Officer of a client in the life sciences technology and services industry.
Steve’s experience has covered all aspects of business transactions, including corporate, securities, merger, acquisition, divestiture and financing transactions.
He represents acquirers and targets in private and public mergers and acquisitions, issuers and underwriters in public and private securities offerings, venture capital, private equity and hedge funds and emerging companies in formation, investment and acquisition transactions.
He also has managed internal and SEC investigations and the defense of securities class action claims. He has participated in more than 100 private investment in public company (PIPE) investments and registered direct offerings.
Steve is an effective and respected counselor to boards of directors on matters of corporate governance, financings, mergers and acquisitions, hostile takeovers, litigation strategies and other significant corporate matters.
- Acquisitions and Divestitures : Steve has represented both acquirers and sellers in a broad range of transactions involving public and private companies covering numerous industries, including financial services, technology, life sciences, communications and retail. His representative matters include :
- Represented a Fortune 300 company in the carve-out disposition of a business segment, via auction, to a private-equity firm in a transaction valued at $160 million.
- Represented a multinational manufacturer in the carve-out disposition of a business segment, via auction, to a private-equity firm.
- Represented publicly-traded foreign telecommunications manufacturer in a $325 million acquisition of a United States manufacturer and subsequent follow-on acquisitions.
- Sold an Asian-based business processing organization in a sale, via auction, to a major private equity fund in a transaction valued at $125 million.
- Sold a publicly traded technology company, via auction, in a sale to a strategic buyer in a transaction valued at $60 million.
- Represented a medical device company in a public-company merger and handled subsequent representation of the company in a series of capital-raising transactions.
- Represented the controlling shareholders of a public company in the sale of the company to a strategic buyer in a transaction valued at $800 million.
- Securities Transactions : Steve has broad experience in representing issuers and underwriters in the sale of securities in public offerings and private placements.
- Represented one of the largest retailers of electronic games in the U.S. in an initial public offering and follow‑on offering with aggregate values in excess of $150 million.
- Represented a bank-holding company in transactions involving multiple public offerings of equity securities and the issuance of high‑yield debt instruments with aggregate values of over $125 million.
- Represented a publicly-traded telecommunications company in a series of offerings of common stock, preferred stock and high‑yield debt in transactions with an aggregate value in excess of $500 million.
- Represented various underwriters in public offerings in the media and financial services industries involving various types of securities in transaction with an aggregate value in excess of $200 million.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 1982
- Georgetown University, B.S.F.S., 1979, cum laude
Bar Admissions : New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$