Stephen F. Donahoe focuses his practice on corporate and securities matters, mergers and acquisitions, and regulatory matters for financial institutions, including consumer finance, compliance and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau matters. He also regularly advises boards of directors and committees of boards of directors on all aspects of corporate governance.
Mr. Donahoe represents a variety of companies in the financial services industry, including public and private financial institutions, mutual financial institutions, investment banking firms and private investors. He has extensive experience in a wide variety of business transactions involving financial institutions and public companies, including mergers, acquisitions, stock purchases and asset transfers.
Mr. Donahoe also has significant experience representing issuers and underwriters in initial and secondary public securities offerings. In addition, he regularly counsels public companies with respect to their reporting obligations under the federal securities laws and routinely advises clients on the full range of securities regulations applicable to corporations and their officers, directors, and principal shareholders.
Mr. Donahoe also advises on the formation of captive insurance companies, risk retention groups and other alternative risk transfer arrangements.
Mr. Donahoe has been recognized as a 2014 and 2015 Washington D.C. “Rising Star” in the area of Securities and Corporate Finance by Super Lawyers magazine.
- Represented Central Bancorp Inc. in its issuance of $10.0 million of preferred stock and warrants to purchase shares of its common stock through its participation in the U.S. Department of Treasury’s TARP Capital Purchase Program.
- Represented Central Bancorp, Inc. in its issuance of $6.3 million of trust preferred securities in a pooled trust preferred securities offering.
- Represented the underwriter, Sandler O’Neill + Partners L.P., in the $3.8 million initial public offering by St. Joseph Bancorp, Inc.
- Represented the underwriter, Stifel Nicolaus Corp., in the $78.2 million initial public offering by Cape Bancorp, Inc.
- Represented the underwriters, led by Sandler O’Neill + Partners L.P., in the $1.2 billion public offering by Capitol Federal Financial, Inc.
- Represented Beneficial Mutual Savings Bank in its $236 million initial public offering and its simultaneous $183 million acquisition of FMS Financial Corp., Burlington, New Jersey.
Represented First Federal Savings Bank, a federally chartered savings bank headquartered in Clarksville, Tennessee, in its mutual to stock conversion and the related $52.6 million initial public offering by its newly formed holding company, First Advantage Bancorp.
- Represented the underwriter, Sandler O’Neill + Partners L.P., in the $11.1 million initial public offering by Hibernia Homestead Bancorp, Inc.
- Represented Fox Chase Bank in its mutual holding company reorganization and the related $64.0 million initial public offering by its newly formed holding company, Fox Chase Bancorp Inc.
- Represented Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc. in its acquisition of CLA Agency Inc., an insurance agency, in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania.
- Represented the underwriter, Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, in the $25.3 million initial public offering by MSB Financial Inc.
- Represented Jefferson Bancshares Inc. in its $10.9 million acquisition of State of Franklin Bancshares Inc., the parent company of a Tennessee chartered bank.
- Represented the underwriter, Sandler O’Neill + Partners L.P., in the $98.2 million initial public offering by Roma Financial Corp.
- Represented Advance Bank in its acquisition of a Baltimore branch office and related deposits from Susquehanna Bank.
- Represented Central Bancorp, Inc. based in Somerville, MA in a $54.8M transaction with Independent Bank Corporation based in Rockland, MA. The firm counseled and negotiated the terms of the merger agreement, handled employment and benefit matters, managed the due diligence and disclosure process.
- Represented Cordia Bancorp Inc. headquartered in Midlothian, VA in its acquisition by First Citizens BancShares, Inc. based in Raleigh, NC. The firm counseled the Board of Directors, negotiated the terms of the merger agreement, and prepared shareholder disclosure materials and other SEC filings.
- Represented Jefferson Bancshares, Inc. based in Morristown, TN in a merger with HomeTrust Bancshares, Inc. based in Asheville, NC. The firm counseled the Board of Directors, negotiated the terms of the merger agreement, handled employment and benefit matters, and managed the due diligence and disclosure process.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D. (2005) cum laude
- Mary Washington College, B.A. (2000) cum laude
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$