Stephen D. Wadsworth is a partner in the firm’s Business Torts, Corporate Litigation, and Trial practice. Stephen represents individuals and entities involved in business disputes.
While he engages in a general litigation practice, Stephen most often handles shareholder disputes and derivative actions, contract disputes, class actions and complex litigation, securities litigation and arbitration, ERISA, and antitrust matters. Stephen handles large matters on both an hourly and contingency fee basis. He has recovered millions of dollars for his clients in Alabama and across the country.
Most recently, Stephen has:
- Represented securities purchasers in a class action involving Blue Sky Law and negligence claims brought against the underwriter and the underwriter’s counsel, obtaining an $8,250,000 settlement fund. The class recovered approximately 85% of their out of pocket losses.
- Obtained a summary judgement for a defendant majority shareholder in oppression action brought by minority shareholder.
- Obtained summary judgement for a plaintiff in a breach of contract action, ultimately recovering $416,636.62 for the client after a trial and appeal.
- Represented a group of minority shareholders in litigation concerning a large foreign corporation, ultimately obtaining a multi-million dollar buyout of their interest.
- Represented the plaintiff founder and plurality shareholder of a closely held bank in a case involving both derivative and direct claims in an action against the remaining officers and directors of the bank which resulted in the buyout of his interest in the bank.
- Represented minority shareholder in a complex series of corporations organized under the law of several different states collectively worth multi-millions of dollars in a derivative and direct shareholder oppression action resulting in a division of the corporate structure and a purchase of the client’s interest in the other entities.
- Represented group of home owners whose homes were damaged in a plane crash, resulting in a favorable confidential settlement
Rate : $$$$