Stephen E. Story is the Chairman of the firm’s Franchise practice area and Co-Chair of the Manufacturing & Distribution Industry Team. His practice includes a unique emphasis on franchising, intellectual property, technology, sales, distribution, marketing issues, and antitrust law.
He represents several local, regional, and national franchisors and also multiple-unit operator franchisees and single unit franchisees.
- University of Texas; B.A., 1978
- University of Texas School of Law; J.D., with honors, 1981
- American Bar Association; Forum on Franchising and Antitrust Law Section
- International Franchise Association (Legal/Legislative Committee)
- Virginia State Bar; Past Chairman, Antitrust, Franchise and Trade Regulation Section, Board of Governors, 1995-2003
- First Presbyterian Church of Norfolk, Virginia; Trustee, 2003-2009; 2014-
- Represent franchisors as general counsel in drafting franchise disclosure documents, franchise and related agreements, franchise registration issues, and on trademark matters
- Represented two franchisees in cases seeking refund of all initial franchise fees based upon franchisor’s failure to locate a suitable site in accordance with franchise agreement terms
- Represent franchisees (area developers and single unit) in evaluating franchise offerings and related work (setting up a legal entity, negotiation of leases) for start-up franchisees
Rate : $$$