Stephen S. Fabry is an intellectual property transactional and licensing attorney. He assists companies in performing due diligence, as well as in the acquisition and divestiture of assets and entities and the intellectual property related thereto, and with preparing and drafting agreements relating to said transactions.
Stephen works closely with his clients to develop and implement the appropriate intellectual property strategies and protocols best suited to his clients’ long-term business goals. He further assists his clients in drafting the relevant intellectual property agreements to exploit or protect their intellectual property.
Viewing himself as a part of his clients’ businesses, Stephen understands the importance of their intellectual property assets in context with their corporate goals.
- Acting in an in-house counsel capacity for a client, assisted with the client’s intellectual property needs and helped develop a strategy to protect the client’s intellectual property rights.
- Works with the intellectual property office of a major university in buying and licensing patents. Guides the client through considerations when acquiring patents to ensure the client is not acquiring a lawsuit or infringing on a patent.
- Drafts agreements on behalf of clients including intellectual property agreements (e.g., intellectual property license technology transfer and vendor agreements), joint development and frame contracts, software licenses, covenant not to sue agreements, beta testing agreements, nondisclosure and confidentiality agreements, litigation-related agreements, and contracts in the varying fields within which the clients operate, including energy generation, hospitality, software and hardware design and implementation, systems for industrial mixing equipment, laboratory centrifuge and refrigeration equipment, construction vehicles, and industrial cooling equipment.
Community : National Kidney Foundation
- J.D., Catholic University of America, 2001
- B.S., Michigan State University, 1996
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Registration No. 51,661
- Illinois, 2001
- District of Columbia, 2002
Rate : $$$