Mr. Stephen J. Finley is a litigator who dedicates his practice to the defense of cases involving wrongful death, catastrophic personal injury, and major property loss. He defends companies involved in complex litigation, including multidistrict litigation, mass tort litigation, class action lawsuits, and serial lawsuits. A frequent author on emerging issues in products liability law, he has represented defendants facing novel products liability claims, such as publishers and patent holders.
In addition to his product liability practice, Mr. Finley handles the prosecution and defense of commercial matters, including breach of contract disputes and business tort claims. Mr. Finley is a member of the firm’s E-Discovery Task Force and regularly publishes regarding developments in this area of the law.
While in law school, Mr. Finley was an intern in the Chambers of the Honorable Jacob P. Hart, United States Magistrate Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. He also served as Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Villanova Journal of Catholic Social Thought and was President of the St. Thomas More Society. As an undergraduate, Mr. Finley served as a staff intern in the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives during the Bush Administration.
- Villanova University School of Law (J.D.)
- Catholic University of America (B.A.)
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- State Civil Litigation Section
- Defense Research Institute
Rate : $$$