Mr. Stephen J. Gilhooly joins Culhane Meadows immediately following his role as General Counsel for GE Critical Power, an affiliate of General Electric, and its predecessor, Lineage Power Corporation. With a practical problem-solving approach to legal and business challenges, he uses his wide range of legal experience in industries spanning from technology to healthcare to energy to find creative solutions focused on business objectives.
As General Counsel, Mr. Gilhooly led the overall legal, corporate governance, and regulatory function for a $500 million manufacturing concern serving the telecom and datacom markets, with operations in the United States, Central and Latin America, China, Europe and India.
Previously, Mr. Gilhooly served as Assistant General Counsel to Concentra, Inc., the nation’s largest occupational healthcare and related services company, providing overall legal support to the company’s largest division, assisting the company in key financing transactions and related SEC matters, and advising the human resources function.
Mr. Gilhooly also served as General Counsel of an affiliate of Verizon Wireless, advising the company on matters involving advertising and marketing, leases and contracts, dispute resolution, and human resources, as well as the sale of wireless market areas.
Throughout his career, Mr. Gilhooly has helped companies grow both organically and through acquisitions, provided overall legal support to all aspects of the business, and assisted companies in major transactions, such as financings and sales. At Culhane Meadows, Mr. Gilhooly is able to serve his clients in an outsourced general counsel capacity as well as the traditional outside counsel role.
- Duke University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A. in Economics
- Haynes & Boone
- Jones Day
- GE Critical Power (General Counsel)
- Verizon Wireless affiliate (General Counsel)
- Lineage Power Corporation (General Counsel)
- Concentra, Inc. (VP and Assist. General Counsel)
BAR ADMISSION : Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association, Community Involvement Committee
- Black Tie Dinner, Inc., Board of Directors
- Guided the separation of a $500 million business from a conglomerate to a stand-alone company
- Managed a $387.5 million stock and asset sale of multiple healthcare business units
- Managed outside counsel during patent infringement action through trial, appeal and settlement
- Created the legal department for a private-equity backed company, and provided all operational legal support to the business
- Lowered company’s interest expense through a cash tender offer for $142.5 million in notes and a related $155 million registered offering of new notes
- Coordinated the sale of three wireless market areas, including negotiating collateral agreements for the sale of markets and transition services agreements
Rate : $$$