As a strategic corporate tax attorney, Stephen D. Good is sought by companies who are pursuing transactions that need to be structured in a highly tax efficient manner, both for the company and its shareholders/investors.
Working with business owners, private equity investors, hedge funds and private company executives, as well as in-house corporate counsel, Steve has a big picture view. His years of deal experience enable Steve to add value to a tax strategy discussion from the first hour.
Due to the business focus of his tax practice, and his 15 years as Managing Partner then CEO of Gardere, Steve understands what it takes to run a successful business.
Coupled with his financial and corporate tax attorney background, this experience allows Steve to provide clients with practical legal advice that addresses their business needs.
Steve serves on the Executive Committee of the Dallas Regional Chamber and chairs the Public Policy Advisory Counsel. In these roles, he and the committee identify and address the policy issues that are most important to the North Texas economy, such as infrastructure developments, water and transportation.
Steve understands that for many clients, these big picture policy issues influence future company decisions and, at times, are as important as their individual legal issues.
- J.D., Yale Law School (1980)
- B.S., Washington and Lee University (1977), summa cum laude
- Texas (1983)
- Texas State Courts (1983)
- Arkansas State Courts (1981)
- New York State Courts (1981)
- U.S. Tax Court (1983)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Eighth Circuits
- U.S. Supreme Court (1987)
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Arkansas Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
Rate : $$$$