Steve Goodwin is a civil litigation and labor relations lawyer in the Firm’s Memphis office. Mr. Goodwin’s experience includes employment discrimination litigation, unfair labor practices, employer policies, arbitration and negotiations, tort and commercial litigation, tax litigation and appellate practice.
Mr. Goodwin has extensive experience in all aspects of labor and employment law. He has negotiated union contracts, represented management in labor arbitrations and unfair labor practice charges and EEOC charges.
He has litigated cases under the Civil Rights Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the WARN Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act and their state counterparts.
In addition to litigation, Mr. Goodwin advises clients on a daily basis concerning employer policies, terminations, employee handbooks and union matters. His clients include large corporations, small businesses, professional groups and non-profits.
- Vanderbilt University, J.D., 1978
- Southern Methodist University, B.A., 1972
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Successful judicial enforcement of arbitrability of employee claims.
- U.S. Supreme Court reversal of adverse federal district court judgment.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Memphis, Tennessee, Federal and American Bar Associations
- Fellow – College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Member – Standing Local Rules Committee for the Western District of Tennessee (2016 –2019)
Rate : $$$$