Stephen Morris has practiced law in Charlotte since 1976. He represents companies and individuals in business matters and commercial real estate transactions, and individuals and families in estate planning and estate administration. In all of his work Steve strives to apply his years of business experience and knowledge of tax law, to take into account any applicable tax considerations.
Steve enjoys working with business owners, particularly when buying or selling a business, and has been involved in transactions where businesses have sold for a nominal consideration, as well as a sale to an international conglomerate for in excess of forty million dollars.
Steve has practiced with Essex Richards since 1982. In 2005, the firm selected him to become managing partner, where he serves as one of the leaders of the firm, and manages the firm’s business and administrative matters.
Steve has actively participated in a variety of church, professional, and civic activities, including serving as a member of the Board of Directors of the Charlotte Area Fund, the Charlotte Certified Development Corporation, and his townhome’s owners’ association.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, J.D., 1976.
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, B.S. Business Administration, 1973
- North Carolina (1976)
- U.S. Federal Court
- U.S. Tax Court (1980)
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Taxation, Real Property, Corporate, Banking and Business Law, Estate and Probate Sections, Member
- Charlotte Estate Planning Council, Member
Rate : $$$$