Stephen M. Halbeisen is a member of the firm’s Dallas office, where he is chair of the Subrogation & Recovery Department’s South Central region. Steve has successfully litigated a wide variety of property damage disputes involving fires and explosions, product failures, petrochemical plant damages, flood damages, structural failures, material failures, heavy equipment losses, tower collapses, fine arts losses and construction defect losses, among others.
Steve has tried cases to verdict in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Arkansas. Steve earned his undergraduate degree from St. Joseph’s University in 1987 and his law degree from the University of Miami in 1990.
- Confidential settlement for insurer of Little Rock, Arkansas ABC-TV affiliate arising from the collapse of a 2000’ tall TV transmission tower. The case involved an extensive forensic investigation of the collapse spanning several weeks, as well as a complex damage model for recovery of the market value of the 40-year old tower, emergency mitigation expenses and lost profits arising from the loss of use of the tower during a critical sweeps week.
- $930,000 jury verdict, representing a 100% recovery for homeowner’s insurer against aquarium service company that caused a fire at the home of a member of the Dallas Cowboys football team.
- Confidential settlement for insurer of Fort Worth residence damaged by fire caused by application of polyurethane spray foam insulation
- Confidential settlement for insurers of Cape Girardeau, Missouri chemical plant arising out of defects in automatic fire sprinkler system
- Seven figure recovery for insurer of regional hospital in Kansas that sustained hail damage as a result of defects in single-ply PVC roof membrane
- Confidential settlement for petrochemical company and its insurers arising out of the sudden shutdown of petrochemical plant in Point Comfort, Texas
- University of Miami, J.D., 1990
- St. Joseph’s University, B.S., 1987
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey; Pennsylvania; Texas
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court — Western District of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP)
- State Bar of Texas
Rate : $$$$