Stephen J. Helfman practices in the areas of real estate, zoning, growth management, subdivision law and land development. Steve currently serves as municipal attorney to the Village of Key Biscayne, Towns of Golden Beach and Medley, the Village of Indian Creek and as special real estate/zoning counsel to public companies including telecommunication and real estate development companies.
He has extensive experience with the State of Florida Growth Management Act and has been extensively involved in the preparation of local government comprehensive plans and the adoption of municipal ordinances, including land development regulations implementing those plans.
Steve has served as a member of the City of Coral Gables Planning and Zoning Board and has been a guest lecturer to the City of Miami Planning Advisory Board and the City of Miami Zoning Board on issues of growth management. Steve also has a Masters of Law in Real Estate Finance and Development.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Executive Board Member, 1989-1990
- City of Miami Multi-Ethnic Interaction Program
- City of Coral Gables Planning and Zoning Board, 1990 – 1991
- Anti-Defamation League Civil Rights Committee
- Florida Planning and Zoning Association Member
- City of Miami Mayor’s Economic Advisory Council Member
- City of Miami Planning Advisory Board and City of Miami Zoning Board Guest Lecturer
- University of Miami School of Law, LLM, Real Property & Land Development and Finance, 1984
- Nova University Center for the Study of Law, JD, 1982
- Tulane University, BS, 1979
Rate : $$$