Stephen R. LaSala is the former Practice Group Leader of the firm’s Corporate Practice Group. He is also the former Managing Partner of the San Diego (Del Mar) office and former Team Leader of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions team.
Mr. LaSala specializes in mergers and acquisitions and corporate law. He counsels buyers and sellers in M&A transactions on a daily basis. His practice also includes venture capital and private equity financings, joint ventures, corporate governance, equity and executive compensation, and matters relating to the formation and structure of business entities.
He represents both small and large companies ranging from start-ups to well established public companies in a variety of industries including life sciences, healthcare, software, energy, clean technology, consumer goods, construction, aerospace and defense, media and e-commerce. He also represents institutional and individual investors in connection with public and private company investments.
- J.D., Fordham University, 1997
- B.A., Boston College, 1994
- New York
- Public and private mergers, acquisitions and divestitures representing buyers, sellers, investment advisors and special committees
- Advice to senior executives of public and private companies regarding employment compensation matters
- Represented AMN Healthcare (NYSE: AHS) in its acquisition of MedPartners for $195 million (up to $215 million including contingent consideration).
- Represented Cabinets 2000, Inc. in its sale to ACProducts, Inc., a portfolio company of American Industrial Products.
- Represented The Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation as the lead investor in the $200 million equity financing of Generate Capital.
- Represented members of the executive team of Creative Circle, LLC in connection with the sale of Creative Circle to On Assignment, Inc. (NYSE: ASGN)
- Represented Universal Protection Service, a division of Universal Services of America, in its acquisition of assets from IPC International
- Represented Universal Protection Service, a division of Universal Services of America, in its acquisition of the security officer services division of T&M Protection Resources, LLC
- Represented Universal Protection Service, a division of Universal Services of America, in its acquisition of assets of Heritage Security Services
- Represented Universal Building Maintenance, a division of Universal Services America, in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Service Link Commercial
- Represented Etilize, Inc., a provider of high quality eCommerce-ready data, in its sale of a majority interest to Encodex International GmbH, a wholly owned subsidiary of GfK AG
- Represented Alcatel Lucent (NYSE: ALU) and its subsidiary, Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, in the acquisition by Genesys of the equity interests of Informiam, LLC
- Board of Directors, San Diego Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth
- Board of Directors, San Diego County Bar Foundation
- Mergers & Acquisitions Subcommittee, Business Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
Rate : $$$$