From the creation of corporate strategy to making transformative decisions, clients seek Stephen E. Lewis’s practical, business-minded counsel throughout their business lifecycle. Clients benefit from his financial and operational expertise as they position their businesses for sustainable growth and profitable exits.
Steve Lewis is Managing Partner of Troutman Sanders and has been a partner in the firm’s corporate law practice group since 1999. He served as firmwide chair of the corporate practice prior to becoming Managing Partner in 2011.
Clients across a diverse set of industries turn to Steve to navigate day-to-day business issues and to evaluate and execute strategic transactions such as mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures.
He serves as outside general counsel to several closely-held companies and is particularly experienced in advising family-owned businesses. Steve draws from a strong foundational background in finance, accounting and operations in enabling his clients to make better-informed decisions.
Representative Matters :
- Mergers and Acquisitions. Steve has represented both publicly traded and privately held companies in private acquisitions, divestitures and mergers across the United States and in Canada, Europe and South America. He has served clients in sectors such as information services, manufacturing and specialty retail and has a long track record of handling acquisitions of family-owned businesses by public companies.
- Joint Ventures. Steve assists in the structuring and formation of limited liability companies, general and limited partnerships and other joint ventures. He also helps negotiate the corresponding operating, partnership and joint venture agreements. Steve has significant experience in the real estate industry.
- General Corporate Practice. Steve advises clients on a variety of corporate, commercial and other transactional matters. He is experienced across a wide range of industries, including pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, gaming, sports and entertainment, publishing and retail home improvement.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Steve currently serves as a member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., with high honors, Order of the Coif , 1991, North Carolina Law Review
- University of North Carolina, B.S., with honors and distinction, Phi Beta Kappa, 1988
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$