Steve Rummage represents clients in complex litigation and appeals, with an emphasis on complex litigation and class action defense. In 37 years of practice, he has defended a variety of matters, including consumer class actions, securities fraud claims, employment class actions, right of publicity actions, complex contract disputes, and construction claims.
His work has included leading roles in some of the Pacific Northwest’s most significant litigation, ranging from the Washington Public Power Supply System bond default in the 1980s, the Exxon Valdez oil spill litigation in the 1990s, and the Washington Mutual Securities Litigation in the most recent decade.
Steve represents clients from a wide variety of industries, including software, digital media, telecommunications, leisure travel, and major league sports. In addition to his trial practice, Steve has argued dozens of appeals in state and federal courts, including high profile cases that established Washington law on issues ranging from class actions to securities to land use.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE:
- Washington, 1980
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2016
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 1980
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington, 1986
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 1980
- B.A., History & Creative Writing, Stanford University, 1977, with distinction
Rate : $$$$