In 20 years of practicing law, Stephen Metz has garnered a reputation for being a tremendous advocate for his clients. While typically meeting clients and opposing counsel under less-than-favorable conditions, Steve applies his signature techniques to each situation: he is fair-minded, a good listener and a straight shooter, providing his best advice and legal tactics in a calm but decisive manner.
In addition to earning the respect and appreciation of those he represents, Steve has been referred to by his legal colleagues as one of the best bankruptcy attorneys in Maryland.
Steve concentrates his practice in litigation involving bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, title disputes and real estate. He frequently represents debtors, creditors, and other parties in bankruptcy cases in various industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, real estate, insurance and consumer credit.
He also regularly represents owners, lenders and other parties in real estate disputes, including matters involving lien priority, easements, equitable subrogation, reformation of deeds and deeds of trust, conflicts between neighbors, real estate contracts and other title-related actions in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels.
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 1997, J.D., Honors: Cum Laude
- University of Maryland, 1994, B.S.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, MD, Member
- Northern Virginia Bankruptcy Bar Association, Member
- Walter B. Chandler American Inn of Court
Rate : $$$$