For more than 30 years, Stephen T. Moore has served as a trusted advisor to health care systems, hospitals, physician groups and surgery centers, as well as other health care providers. As a health care lawyer, he helps those in the healthcare industry navigate the myriad of complex healthcare laws and regulations by serving as a valued member of their team.
Steve counsels his clients on a variety of corporate, transactional and regulatory matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate organization and governance, tax exemption, Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute compliance, physician compensation, and physician integration strategies. His clients value his common sense approach to finding solutions that further support their business objectives.
Steve has held a number of leadership positions in the firm since joining in 1984. Currently, he is the leader of the firm’s National Health Care Practice Group which serves the regulatory, transactional and litigation needs of all health care providers.
Early in his career in private practice, Steve represented entrepreneurs, closely held businesses, financial institutions, manufacturers and publicly traded companies in a variety of commercial litigation matters as well as in business formation, mergers and acquisitions, financings, contracts and commercial real estate transactions.
Following graduation from law school, Steve first served as an Assistant Attorney General of the Iowa Department of Justice, briefing and arguing over a dozen cases before the Iowa Supreme Court. He then served as law clerk to the Chief Justice of the Iowa Supreme Court.
Representative Matters :
- Represented a Catholic sponsored health care system in the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of two separately licensed Catholic sponsored acute care hospitals and a licensed home health agency.
- Represented a hospital system in the acquisition of a community hospital through a change of control affiliation agreement.
- Represented a behavioral health service provider in the acquisition of an outpatient counseling clinic.
- Represented a financially distressed Critical Access Hospital in exploration of potential affiliation options and its ongoing negotiations with bond holders, and in support of its successful efforts to achieve financial stability.
- Represented a hospital district in its conversion to a tax-exempt not-for-profit corporation, and in the financing and construction of a replacement Critical Access Hospital.
Professional Affiliations :
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
- Board of Directors, 1990-1993
- Secretary/Treasurer, 1993
- American Health Lawyers Association
- J.D., with honors, Drake University, 1973
- B.S., Western Illinois University, 1971
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
Rate : $$$