Steve Nichols specializes in bankruptcy and debtor/creditor law, as well as commercial litigation. In bankruptcy cases he appears primarily in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia bankruptcy courts.
He has represented virtually all constituencies in commercial bankruptcy cases, including debtors in possession, trustees, secured and unsecured creditors, directors, defendants in adversary proceedings and purchasers. He has also practiced extensively as a commercial litigator in courts throughout the country, both at the trial and appellate level.
He is admitted to the bars of the United States Bankruptcy Courts for the District of Columbia, Maryland and the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia, the United States District Courts for the District of Columbia, Maryland and the Eastern District of Virginia, and the United States Courts of Appeal for the Fourth and District of Columbia Circuits.
- University of Dallas, B.A. (magna cum laude), 1986
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1990
- American Jurisprudence Award, Bankruptcy 1990
- District of Columbia, 1991
- Maryland, 2000
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 1991
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 1991
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 1991
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia, 2007
Rate : $$$$