Stephen Older is co-chair of the Capital Markets subgroup of the firm’s Financial Institutions Industry Team. He is a member of the firm’s Board of Partners, Opinions Committee and Pension Committee. He focuses his practice on corporate and securities law, with a concentration on public offerings and private placements.
He also maintains an active practice representing hedge and private equity funds in transactions, as well as trading and general advice. In addition, Stephen has been involved in numerous private and public mergers and acquisitions transactions.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Stephen worked for a large international law firm representing a wide range of publicly and privately held commercial, industrial and financial enterprises.
- Representation of ExlService Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: EXLS), a leading operations management and analytics company, in its investment in Corridor Platforms, a proprietary risk management platform.
- Representation of ExlService Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: EXLS) in connection with its agreement to acquire RPM Direct, LLC for $74 million in cash and restricted stock.
- Representation of C.R. Bard, Inc., a NYSE listed company, in connection with its purchase of assets from Cousin Biotech, a French biotechnology company.
- Represented the audit committee of the board of directors of the general partner of a master limited partnership in connection with the partnership’s $40 million acquisition of certain assets owned by an affiliate of the general partner.
- Represented a publicly traded Sprint PCS affiliate in a stock-for-stock merger with another Sprint PCS affiliate for $275 million.
- Represented one of the largest supermarket companies in the United States in connection with its purchase of a grocery store chain in a $3.6 billion public merger for cash and stock.
- Representation of Biofrontera AG (Nasdaq: BFRA), an international biopharmaceutical company, as issuer’s counsel in its U.S. initial public offering of American Depositary Shares and subsequent trading on Nasdaq.
- Representation of FBR Capital Markets in its “at-the-market” offering for Soligenix (Nasdaq: SNGX), a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on develop and commercializing products to treat rare diseases.
- Representation of Northland Securities, Inc. as the sole bookrunner in connection with a follow-on public offering and Nasdaq uplist by AMERI Holdings, Inc., a provider of SAP cloud and digital enterprise services.
- Represented a syndicate of underwriters led by a Fortune 100 financial institution in a $1.2 billion SEC-registered high grade debt offering for St. Jude Medical, Inc.
- Represented Robert Baird & Co. Incorporated and Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc. in a $32.5 million secondary offering of American Realty Capital Properties, Inc.
- Columbia Law School, JD, 1988
- University of Pennsylvania, BA, summa cum laude, 1985
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$