Stephen’s practice focuses on intellectual property litigation, counseling, and prosecution, with emphasis on trademark, trade dress, copyright, domain name and technology litigation and dispute resolution.
His practice also includes intellectual property audits and policies; clearance, registration and management of intellectual property assets; intellectual property and technology licenses, transfers, and agreements; and counseling on advertising and promotions, including consumer sweepstakes.
Stephen has practiced in federal courts throughout the country and is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court , the Fourth Circuit and the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia.
He was a judicial clerk for the Honorable James R. Spencer, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia from 1989-1990.
- Member, International Trademark Association, ABA Intellectual Property Law Section, and American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, International Trademark Association Features Subcommittee
- Council Member, Virginia Bar Association Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law Section Council
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Virginia State Bar Intellectual Property Law Section
- Permanent Member, Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference
- Member, The Historical Society of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Past Member, Merit Selection Panel, US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia (2011)
- Past President, Harvard Law School Association of Virginia
- JD, Harvard Law School, cum laude, 1989
- BA, University of Virginia, Phi Beta Kappa, magna cum laude, 1985
Rate : $$$