Steve is a partner in the Real Estate practice, co-chair of the Hotel Industry practice, and serves clients from the firm’s San Francisco and Portland offices. He represents sponsors, owners, and lenders in the development, acquisition, and financing of hotels, business parks, and mixed-use transit-oriented development (TOD) residential communities. His clients also include international real estate investors.
Steve brings passion, loyalty, and experience to solve regulatory, political, relational, and financial challenges. He also assists clients in structuring and closing equity and debt financing, obtaining project approvals, and maximizing public-private participation. His efforts have enabled clients to achieve their goals despite challenging circumstances with marquee projects.
Leading lawyer rankings and directories note Steve’s prominence in the field, including Chambers USA which quoted one of his clients describing him as “brilliant.” Tom Callahan with PKF Consulting USA has described Steve as the “poster child” for public private development.
Steve regularly serves as a lecturer and panelist, including at the NYU International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference, American Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS), The Lodging Conference, American Planning Association (APA), and Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG).
Professional & Community Activities:
- Board Member, Lan Su Chinese Garden
- Counsel, Marin Agricultural Land Trust & Regeneration Project
- Past Corporate Counsel, Board of Directors, Jazz in Flight, Children in Flight
- Tri-County Lodging Association
- Washington State Lodging Association
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1985, cum laude
- Harvard Legal Aid Bureau
- B.A., American Studies, University of Notre Dame, 1981, summa cum laude
- Dedicated Service and Leadership Award
Rate : $$$$