Stephen J. Sferra focuses his practice on traditional labor law, including all aspects of labor relations and employment law. He represents national employers in a wide variety of industries in labor relations matters before the National Labor Relations Board and in federal courts.
He has served as lead negotiator in numerous private and public sector collective bargaining negotiations and has litigated countless labor arbitrations with a strong record of success in “must win” cases.
As an employment litigator, Stephen has handled a variety of employment discrimination matters before state and federal courts and agencies. Additionally, he regularly counsels clients on issues arising under collective bargaining agreements relating to: Business transactions, Strategic business planning, Positive employee relations.
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 1986
- B.S., Bowling Green State University, 1983
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Labor and Employment Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Section, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Section, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Rate : $$$