Stephen W. Tully focuses his practice in complex commercial and governmental litigation and the provision of strategic advice and counsel to business and government. Mr. Tully litigates contract disputes including those concerning insurance contracts, professional liability claims, directors and officers disputes, governmental/municipal disputes, and securities matters.
He has been actively litigating cases for more than 24 years, and has substantial experience representing both defendants and plaintiffs. Mr. Tully’s clients include local and national businesses, governmental entities, and major national and regional insurance carriers and their policy holders.
Mr. Tully served in the Arizona House of Representatives from 2001 to 2007 and was Majority Leader of the Arizona House from 2005 to 2007. From 2003 to 2005, Mr. Tully was Chairman of both the House Judiciary Committee and the House Ethics Committee.
Mr. Tully was appointed by the Chief Justice of the Arizona Supreme Court to serve on the Business Court Advisory Committee that designed the rules for the new Arizona Commercial Court.
He has also been asked to join the newly formed Commercial Court Practices and Procedures Committee of the Maricopa County Superior Court that is tasked with assisting in the development of the commercial court.
Mr. Tully currently serves as the Vice Chairman of the Board of CopperPoint Mutual Insurance, an A-rated regional insurance carrier, where he chairs the board’s Finance Committee and sits on the board’s Nominations and Governance Committee.
He has previously served on numerous governmental boards including service as Chairman of the Developmental Disabilities Planning Council, and as Vice Chairman of the Property and Casualty Insurance Guaranty Fund Board.
Professional Affiliations :
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), Governance Fellow
- Professional Liability Underwriters Society
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- J.D., cum laude, University of Arizona College of Law, 1991
- B.A., Politics, Philosophy and Economics, Claremont McKenna College, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Tax Court
Rate : $$$$