Stephen M. Wiseman is Counsel in the Firm’s Corporate Department. Stephen has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions. He has represented financial advisors as well as investment firms on a number of transactions. He also has experience in ’34 Act filings, disclosure issues, financings and general corporate matters.
Recent transactions on which Stephen has worked include the representation of:
- JPMorgan as financial advisor to Virtu Financial in its $1.4 billion acquisition of KCG Holdings, Inc.
- JPMorgan as financial advisor to ONEOK, Inc. in its acquisition of the remaining public stake of ONEOK Partners
- JPMorgan as financial advisor to Regency Centers in its $15.6 billion merger with Equity One
- JPMorgan as financial advisor to Post Properties, Inc. in its merger with MAA
- JPMorgan as financial advisor to Progressive Waste Solutions in connection with its stock for stock merger with Waste Connections, Inc.
- HNA Group in its $446 million acquisition of ownership stake in OM Asset Management from Old Mutual
- The Klein Group, Lazard and Morgan Stanley as financial advisors to The Dow Chemical Company in its $130 billion merger of equals with E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
Stephen was listed in BTI Consulting Group’s 2012 All-Star Report for Securities and M&A attorneys with top client skills. He is the author of “The Evolution of the US Public Company Governance Model” which appeared in Directors & Boards magazine and “The Pitfalls of Purchase Price Adjustments,” from the ACC Docket.
Stephen received his J.D. from Columbia Law School where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, and his B.A., magna cum laude, from Boston University. He is admitted to practice in New York.
- Columbia Law School, 1984 J.D.
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Boston University, 1981 B.A.
- magna cum laude
Admissions : New York 1986
Rate : $$$$