Sterling Kidd, shareholder in the Firm’s Jackson, Mississippi office, concentrates his practice in the areas of general business litigation and product liability, particularly the defense of automotive, drug and medical device product liability.
Mr. Kidd is a member of the Advocacy Department and is an experienced litigator who has tried and/or arbitrated cases to verdict in the product liability and premises liability areas.
Mr. Kidd has litigated numerous other cases in preparation for trial and positioned them for favorable settlements, and has significant litigation experience in areas ranging from consumer finance to constitutional violations. Prior to joining Baker Donelson, Mr. Kidd was a clerk in the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals for the Honorable E. Grady Jolly.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2010, summa cum laude, first in class
- University of Mississippi, B.A., 2007, summa cum laude
- Mississippi, 2010
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Provided counsel in a nursing home arbitration that resulted in a defense verdict.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a products liability case alleging a defective ball-joint stud, and obtained an order denying the plaintiff’s request for a judgment notwithstanding the verdict.
- Obtained summary judgment in a product liability case alleging a defective power-train control module, with the decision affirmed on appeal.
- Obtained a defense verdict in an automotive product liability case against allegations of manufacturing defect.
- Litigated copyright infringement case against one of the largest sports cable television networks in the United States, and defeated their motion for summary judgment before obtaining settlement of claim.
- Defended a British insurance company and one of its affiliates in a two-day bench hearing on personal jurisdiction in connection with a lawsuit involving allegations of the theft and misuse of personal data. Successfully obtained dismissal of the suit.
Professional Honors & Activities : Member – Mississippi Bar Association
- Member – Phoenix Club
- Member – Fondren Church
Rate : $$$$