Steve Brand is member of Robins Kaplan LLP. Well-known for his extensive work in estate planning, trust and estate administration, Steve has counselled individuals and their families, trustees, personal representatives, beneficiaries, guardians, conservators, business owners, closely-held family enterprises, non-profits, and charitable organizations in all aspects of estate planning and succession planning.
Specific areas of focus include Wills, Powers of Attorney, Health Care Directives, Revocable Trusts, Charitable Trusts, Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts, Family Limited Partnerships, Qualified Personal Residence Trusts, Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts, Special Needs Trusts, Supplemental Needs Trusts, Probate proceedings, Trust administration proceedings, Preparation and audit of fiduciary income, gift and estate tax returns, Allocation and distribution of estate or trust proceeds, Business succession planning, Asset protection, Charitable giving, Establishing trust vehicles for minors, Guardianship and Conservatorship proceedings for adults and minors and Settlement trusts.
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D. (1973), served on the Board of the University of Chicago Law Review
- University of Minnesota, Bachelor’s Degree
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC): Past Regent; Past Chair, National Membership Selection Committee; Past Minnesota State Chair; Past Editor, ACTEC Journal; Member of Elder Law and Employee Benefits Committees
- ACTEC Foundation, Past Director
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Past Chair of the Probate and Trust Law Section
- Ramsey County Bar Foundation, Past President
- Reporter for the Advisory Committee on Probate Rules of the Minnesota Supreme Court for five years
Rate : $$$$