Steven Burns advises clients on coal ash, waste and contamination, waterways, wildlife management, air and water quality, and natural resources. Steven serves as Counsel and Secretary to the National Waterways Conference, a trade association focused on the waterways managed by the Corps of Engineers, as well as Chair of the association’s Legislative Policy Committee.
He brings a deep understanding of how government offices work, from environmental legislation, to regulation, to enforcement, to litigation. Whether developing an initial strategy to implement business operations or managing a compliance situation, Steven helps clients meet their objectives in compliance with environmental requirements.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1995
- Rhodes College, B.A., 1990, cum laude
- Alabama, 2004
- District of Columbia, 1998
- Virginia, 1995
- National Waterways Conference (NWC), Counsel and Secretary
- NWC Legislative Policy Committee, Chair
- Air and Waste Management Association (A&WMA), Alabama Chapter, past Chair and current Vice Chair
- Independent Presbyterian Church (PCUSA), Deacon, 2013 – 2015; Small Study Group Leader
- Kiwanis Club of Birmingham
Rate : $$$