Steven A. Adducci focuses on energy and administrative law, with an emphasis on crude oil, petroleum products, electricity, and natural gas regulatory matters. Steve has distinguished himself as a lead regulatory and litigation shipper attorney in crude oil, petroleum products, and natural gas liquid (NGL) pipeline-related cases before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
He has played key roles in nearly every major disputed crude oil, petroleum product, or NGL pipeline rate or tariff proceeding in the United States. He also supports Venable’s representation of trade associations active in the energy industry.
Steve has advised on and handled energy regulatory, compliance, trial, and appellate proceedings associated with the FERC, Securities and Exchange Commission, federal courts, and state utility commissions.
He also has represented clients in structuring, developing, and drafting documents associated with regulating energy properties, natural gas, electricity, oil and petroleum product transportation, marketing, and natural gas storage and distribution facilities.
- Represented entities in rulemakings, notices of inquiry, compliance, certificate, and undue discrimination and preference cases on behalf of shippers/ratepayers
- Led a team in complex Federal Power Act litigation, obtaining a FERC ALJ initial decision associated with the favorable allocation of more than $500 million in electric transmission upgrade costs
- Was instrumental, on behalf of airline, propane, and refinery-related entities, in effecting a change in the way FERC derives its oil pipeline tariff rate index, as part of its five-year oil pipeline index review. The changes are estimated to result in savings of approximately $2.2 to $2.4 billion over the five-year period 2015 to 2020, for oil, petroleum product, and NGL shippers
- J.D. with honors University of North Dakota School of Law 1990
- B.A. summa cum laude University of North Dakota 1987
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia
Court Admissions : U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
Professional Memberships :
- Vice chair, American Bar Association, Oil Pipeline Committee of the Infrastructure and Regulated Industries Section
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Energy Bar Association
Rate : $$$