Steven E. Adkins focuses his practice on Section 337 IP and trade litigation. He has handled approximately 55 investigations before the International Trade Commission (ITC) and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency. He is a trusted advisor to both respondents and complainants based in the U.S., Asia, Europe and South America.
His experience spans a multitude of industries including automotive, computer software, telecommunications, chemicals, mechanical patents and semiconductors.
Steve also represents clients in complex commercial litigation related to patent infringement, trademark and trade dress infringement, trade secrets and general business disputes. In addition to first-chair experience with bench and jury trials, he has appeared before state and federal appellate courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court.
Steve is a frequent speaker and author in the U.S. and abroad on matters related to intellectual property litigation and Section 337 investigations.
- Representation of client in patent litigation involving composite aerogel insulation materials and methods for manufacturing the same.
- Representation of client in patent litigation involving flash memory controllers, drives, memory cards and media players.
- Representation of client in patent litigation involving handheld electronic computing devices, related software and their components.
- Representation of client in patent litigation involving laser bar code scanners, scan engines and their components.
- Representation of client in patent litigation involving prepegs, laminates, and finished circuit boards.
- Representation of client in patent litigation involving semiconductor integrated circuits using tungsten metallization.
- Representation of client in patent litigation involving certain vision-based driver assistance system cameras & their components.
- University of Richmond School of Law, JD, 1991
- Georgia College, BA, with Honors, 1984
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- ITC Trial Lawyers Association
- Asia Society
- The China Institute
- Hong Kong Association of New York
- Rotary Foundation, Board Member
- Rose Group for Cross Cultural Understanding, Board Member
- Member, Japan-America Society of Washington, D.C.
Rate : $$$$