Clients and colleagues alike turn to Steven M. Berman when a bankruptcy case is not likely to settle. A seasoned trial lawyer, he is widely recognized for his solutions-oriented approach which involves working closely with clients to first see the end result and then, map out a plan to get there.
He focuses his practice on business bankruptcy litigation, representing creditors, investors, distressed debt lenders, trustees, committees, and business entities litigating disputes in bankruptcy court. Steve received his B.S. in multinational business operations from Florida State University and received his J.D. from the University of Florida Levin College of Law where he continues to guest lecture.
He is board certified by the American Board of Certification in both creditors’ rights law and business bankruptcy law and is a member of the Florida, California, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico (federal) bars. Steve serves on the Board of Directors for the American Bankruptcy Institute and the American Board of Certification.
He works on several committees and task forces and routinely volunteers and speaks at seminars. Additionally, he serves as the judge advocate to the Coronado Yacht Club in Coronado, California, and volunteers in providing pro bono bankruptcy and insolvency services and training for United States Navy service members, including Judge Advocate General officers and staff.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1990
- B.S., Multinational Business Operations, Florida State University, 1987
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Florida, 1990
- District of Columbia, 2017
- All State Courts Florida
- United States District Court Puerto Rico
- United States District Court Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- United States District Court District of Colorado
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- American Bankruptcy Institute, serving on several Committees and Task Forces as well as frequent lecturer
- American Board of Certification, Board of Directors
- Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida
- Southwest Florida Bankruptcy Professionals Association
- Guest lectures for the Advanced Bankruptcy Seminars at the University of Florida Levin College of Law as well as the Stetson University College of Law
- Coronado Yacht Club, Judge Advocate and Parliamentarian
Rate : $$$