Steven Boyd concentrates on intellectual property law and technology transactions. He has experience in the technology related aspects of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures, litigation, and prosecution matters, most notably in the fields of computer implemented inventions and information technology.
He has also represented clients in information technology, software, hardware, and Internet matters, domain name issues, and trademark licensing, litigation, prosecution, and oppositions.
Representative Experience :
- Represented numerous companies including computer companies, web site development and hosting companies, network companies, oilfield services companies, media companies, drilling and exploration companies, breweries, and chemical companies in mergers, acquisitions, equity investment, divestitures, and joint ventures.
- Represented various software companies against claims of patent infringement of computer components.
- Represented a major American airline against claims of patent infringement of a computer implemented invention.
- Represented a diversified technology, media and financial services company in patent infringement claims related to wind turbine technology.
- Represented the process management arm of a global technology company against claims of patent infringement related to process control inventions.
- Represented a leading provider of measurement products, systems and services against claims of patent infringement of flow conditioner technology and seeking antitrust claims.
- Represented a medical supply company in medical device patent litigation; also represented Appellant before the Federal Circuit.
- Represented a large portable buildings manufacturer in design patent and trade dress litigation over evaporative coolers.
- Represented the chemical services arm of an oilfield service company against alleged trademark infringement claims.
- Represented a circuit breaker manufacturer in its claims of breach of contract and trademark infringement against multiple defendants.
- Represented a producer of character and mascot costumes in a copyright, trademark, and trade dress litigation.
- Represented a personal computer company in a copyright case which resulted in the largest award of attorneys’ fees to our client in a copyright case.
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Intern, United States Magistrate Judge Marcia Crone, United States District Courts for the Southern District of Texas (Summer 1996)
- Intern, Justice Harriet O’Neill, Fourteenth Court of Appeal for the State of Texas (Spring 1996)
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Board Member, Houston Intellectual Property Association
- LL.M., Intellectual Property, University of Houston Law Center, 1998
- J.D., South Texas College of Law Houston, 1997
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, 1994
- Texas, 1997
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2000
Rate : $$$