Steve J. Brewer is a dedicated trial lawyer with a reputation for working closely with his clients, both inside and outside the courtroom. Experienced at representing individuals in cases against large corporations, he is driven by a strong belief that injured people are entitled to fair compensation.
Steve began his career with a small firm that specialized in products liability and professional negligence case. An innovative and versatile trial lawyer, he continues to concentrate on these areas as well as on general negligence and construction accidents. Steve also serves as Judge Pro Tem for Santa Clara, Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
A $14.8 million verdict against a hospital and doctor for delay in performing a c-section resulting in brain damage to the baby. A $8.5 million settlement for a 30 year old laborer burned in a gas pipeline explosion.
A $7.75 million settlement for a client who suffered serious injuries, resulting in quadriplegia, due to the negligence of several contractors on a school construction project. In addition to his settlement, the client will receive lifetime worker’s compensation benefits totaling $7 million.
A $2.5 million verdict in Las Vegas, Nevada against an interstate trucking company whose driver rear ended a 52 year old man on the freeway resulting in low back injuries.
A $2.3 million jury verdict against the City of San Jose and Granite Construction Co. for serious injuries suffered by a construction worker who was impaled in the cab of his truck when it struck a metal gate pole on a job site.
A $2.5 million settlement for a 24-year-old man who suffered injuries resulting in quadriplegia in premises and products liability claims against Best Western Hotels and Anthony Pools.
A $1.6 million verdict against an obstetrician who failed to detect a tubal pregnancy resulting in the death of a 36 year old woman.
A confidential settlement for a 44 year-old female airplane janitor struck by the wheel of a passenger loading bridge resulting in the amputation of left leg and severe right leg trauma. In addition, the client retained all worker’s comp benefits.
- California, 1980
- Lincoln University School of Law, San Francisco, California, J.D. – 1980
- University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California, B.A. – 1976
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Alameda County Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- International Brain Injury Association, Member
- National Spinal Cord Injury Association, Member
- San Francisco Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, Member
Rate : $$$