Steven Warren Cardoza is a partner in the Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Group specializing in commercial finance law in the firm’s Orange County office. Mr. Cardoza has served on the Firm’s Executive Committee and as Chair of the Firm’s Partner Compensation Committee.
Mr. Cardoza specializes in real property law, commercial law, secured and unsecured lending, equity investments and bankruptcy matters. His experience includes syndicated credits, senior and mezzanine debt financing, participating or “contingent” interest financing and loan originations for the commercial mortgaged-backed securities market.
He has extensive experience representing banks, credit companies and other institutional investors negotiating and documenting secured transactions and equity investments in office buildings, retail centers, apartments, hotels and other income properties. In addition, Mr. Cardoza represents lenders and institutional investors in workouts, restructures and bankruptcies involving commercial mortgage loans and real estate investments.
- J.D., University of California, Boalt Hall, 1987
- M.B.A., University of California at Berkeley, 1987
- B.S., University of California at Berkeley, 1983, with honors
- Represented GE Capital Real Estate in connection with $115 million loan to refinance a 535-unit apartment project in Aliso Viejo, CA.
- Represented U.S. Bank as Administrative Agent and Lead Arranger in connection with a $425 million syndicated unsecured borrowing base revolving credit facility to TRI Pointe Homes, Inc., one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the United States.
- Represented CIT Bank, N.A. as agent bank in connection with a $88 million syndicated loan to finance the acquisition of Jack London Square, a mixed-use (office and retail) project in Oakland, CA.
- Represented GE Capital Real Estate as Administrative Agent and lead lender in connection with a $92 million syndicated credit facility to finance a 10-building suburban office park in the Los Angeles, CA.
- Represented GE Capital Real Estate as administrative agent and a co-lender in connection with the restructure of a $332 million loan secured by a portfolio of 11 multi-family housing projects in Florida.
- Represented GE Capital Real Estate as administrative agent and a co-lender for a new $85.5 million loan to finance the acquisition of 35 non-performing commercial real estate loans and six properties located in California, metropolitan New York, New Jersey, Nevada and Washington.
- Represented Housing Capital Company as lender in connection with a revolving credit facility to construct a 320 unit single-family residential development in Washington State.
Rate : $$$