Steptoe partner Steve Wheeless leads the firm’s nationwide labor & employment group. He practices nationally, representing clients with their toughest workforce issues in numerous industries and locations. Prior to joining the firm, Steve served as a United States Air Force F-16 Instructor Pilot and a Diplomatic Exchange Officer to the Royal Danish Air Force. His primary areas of practice include:
Workforce Infrastructure Design and Change ManagementSteve has trained thousands of managers from the C-Suite to the shop floor with engaging and interactive programs designed not only to educate participants, but to help them grow, and, in so doing, drive profitability through improved retention, safety, productivity, quality, morale, sweat equity, brand reputation, and client service.
He brings that same mindset to working with clients facing workforce change initiatives – whether through growth, contraction, or midcourse corrections – to manage and message the change-lifecycle in a way that reduces litigation risk and workforce volatility.
Steve represents businesses in state and federal court at the trial and appellate level in complex commercial litigation involving contract, partnership, and financial disputes. See, e.g., State ex. rel. Goddard v. Western Union Financial Serv., 216 Ariz. 361 (Ct. App. 2007).
Bar & Court Admissions:
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, with highest honors
- M.S., Golden Gate University, Information Systems
- B.S., Roosevelt University, with honors, Computer Science
- B.S., United States Air Force Academy, with honors, Astronautical Engineering
Rate : $$$