Steven Davidson is a member of Dentons’ Real Estate group, with a practice concentrated in the financing area. He has handled both construction and term loans secured by virtually every type of real estate collateral, including office buildings, hotels, apartment complexes, retail centers, mixed-use projects and vacant land.
In addition to conventional loans, he frequently represents agent banks in connection with syndicated credit facilities. Steve has experience handling credit enhancement transactions, such as those in which a letter of credit is issued to provide credit enhancement for revenue bonds. He has also handled numerous mezzanine loans for institutional clients.
In addition to real estate secured financing transactions, Steve has represented lenders in numerous credit facilities secured by other types of collateral, including subscription obligations, investment securities and ownership interests in investment funds. He has also handled numerous unsecured credit facilities, including many loans to real estate investment trusts.
Steve’s practice also includes the representation of both institutional lenders and borrowers in real estate loan workouts. He has lectured on a variety of topics—including workouts, deed in lieu of foreclosure agreements and intercreditor arrangements—for organizations such as the Practicing Law Institute, the American College of Real Estate Lawyers, the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education and the Chicago Mortgage Attorneys Association.
- Harvard Law School, 1977, JD, cum laude
- University of Michigan, 1974, AB, with High honors and High distinction
Admissions and qualifications:
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers and American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Member and past president, Chicago Mortgage Attorneys Association
- American Bar Association
- Past president and member of the board of directors, Gastro-Intestinal Research Foundation
Rate : $$$