Steven J. Eisen guides banks and other financial institution clients, as well as general commercial enterprises, through a variety of day-to-day regulatory and legal advice, corporate governance, acquisitions, high-stakes corporate matters and complex securities transactions.
Mr. Eisen’s experience includes mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance, new corporate, LLC, and bank formation, equity and debt offerings, state and federal securities laws registration and exemptions, copyrights and trademarks, computer and technology, emerging company issues and general corporate law.
Mr. Eisen has been published in numerous banking, trade association, and business journals, and he frequently lectures on financial institution law, corporate and securities law, and director duties at seminars sponsored by the Tennessee Bankers Association, Tennessee Society of CPAs, the American, Tennessee, and Nashville Bar Associations, and other organizations.
- United States Supreme Court, 2018
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 1983
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, 1983
- Annually advises with respect to private equity offerings for numerous banks, bank holding companies, and other businesses.
- Secured over 75 federal trademark registrations with the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Represented the Tennessee Bankers Association in obtaining favorable decisions from the Tennessee Attorney General, and defending the decision in court, allowing banks in Tennessee to sell title insurance. Providing similar work for other state banking associations.
- Assists many bank clients in the development and revision of business plans, capital plans, operating policies and procedures, and regulatory compliance.
- Represented over 20 issuers of trust preferred securities raising over $200 million in bank holding company equity.
- Advising financial institutions with respect to insurance bond claims for customer or employee malfeasance or fraud.
- Advising a number of clients with respect to employee contracts, including benefit plans, severance agreements, golden parachutes, and general employment situations.
- Represented long-time banking client, one of the largest banks headquartered in Tennessee in its acquisition by a regional bank holding company.
- Represented state banking associations in helping their members comply with insurance and banking regulations to allow them to sell title insurance.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Recipient – Nashville Bar Association award for “Journal Article of the Year” for “Feds Gone Wild” article (2009)
- Member – Tennessee (LLC Task Force Committee), American (Intellectual Property Section, Science and Technology Law Section and Business Section, Banking Law Committee) and Nashville Bar Associations (Corporate Counsel Committee and Corporate and Commercial Practices Committee)
- Finalist in the Concours International De Plaidoiries, La Defense Des Droits De L’Homme, Caen, France in March, 1991, presented paper on “International Treatment of Children with Disabilities”
Rate : $$$