Steve Greenwald’s practice has focused for more than 35 years on energy transactional, regulatory, and dispute resolution matters at the state and federal levels. He assists clients with acquisitions and dispositions of regulated assets, power purchase and sale agreements, debt and equity financing obtaining regulatory approval for the acquisition and disposition of utility assets and power purchase agreements, and utility rate and certificate proceedings.
Steve’s clients include solar, wind, geothermal, biomass, and natural gas power projects and financing parties; investor-owned and municipal electric utilities and oil pipeline companies; independent power producers and large electric consumers.
Steve’s clients include: Liberty Utilities (CalPeco Electric) LLC, Calpine Corporation, Imperial Irrigation District; Liberty Utilities (Park Water) Corp., and South San Joaquin Irrigation District.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Board of Directors, Power Association of Northern California, 2000-2003
- Received the “H. Stewart Tremaine Award for Exemplary Team Work,” Davis Wright Tremaine, 2016
- Named one of “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business” in Projects & Energy: State Regulatory & Litigation (California) by Chambers USA, 2003-2018; Received “Band 1” ranking, 2007-2018
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1973, magna cum laude
- Note and Comment Editor, Michigan Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- B.A., Economics, University of Pennsylvania, 1970, cum laude
Rate : $$$$