Steven C. Friend’s practice focuses on issuers and underwriters in a range of equity and debt offerings. Steven represents issuers and underwriters in a range of equity and debt offerings, with a significant portion of this work concentrated in the energy and utility industries.
He has substantial experience with common stock offerings, hybrid securities, tax-exempt offerings of multi-modal debt, 4(2) private placements and liability management.
Steven also regularly advises on matters relating to general securities law compliance and disclosure, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Dodd-Frank and corporate governance.
- Acted as underwriters’ counsel for common stock offering by Ohio-based utility holding company
- Acted as company counsel to Farm Credit financial institution in offerings of perpetual preferred stock
- Acted as underwriters’ counsel for Minnesota-based electric utility holding company in forward-equity issuance
- Acted as agents’ counsel in establishment of periodic equity programs for utility holding company
- Acted as underwriters’ counsel in numerous private activity bond offerings and remarketings
- Acted as underwriters’ counsel in debt offering by California-based water utility
- Acted as company counsel and purchasers’ counsel in 4(2) private placements of debt to financial institutions
- Acted as company counsel to restaurant holding company in waterfall tender offer
- Acted as company counsel to Farm Credit financial institution in Dutch auction tender for subordinated debt
- Acted as initial purchasers’/dealer-managers’ counsel in 144A offering by Texas-based natural gas distribution company and the subsequent private exchange offer for a series of the company’s outstanding debt
- JD, UCLA School of Law, 2001
- BA, Johns Hopkins University, Phi Beta Kappa, 1998
- New York
Rate : $$$$