Steven Canner is a member of the Firm’s Global Corporate and Securities Practice Group in New York. For over 25 years, he has been counseling clients with respect to cross-border and US domestic mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital transactions, as well as corporate reorganizations.
Mr. Canner also focuses his practice on public and private securities offerings and securities laws compliance matters. He acts as outside general counsel to a number of international companies, assisting them with their day to day legal concerns.
Mr. Canner focuses his practice on corporate matters that are international in scope, including the sale by a private equity fund of a business with operations in over 40 countries, a cross-border offering of common shares by a Canadian issuer, cross-border change of control transactions and investments by Canadian funds in US vehicles. In addition, Mr. Canner has significant experience in mining, metals and energy related matters.
- Columbia Law School (J.D., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) (1989)
- State University of New York at Binghamton (B.A.) (1986)
- Beaver College, Institute of Strategic, Economic and Political Studies, London, England (1985)
Admissions : New York~United States (1991)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Member
- New York State Bar Association – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented AGF Management Limited, one of Canada’s premier independent investment management firms, in its strategic acquisition of securities of FFCM, a Boston-based ETF adviser and asset management firm.
- Represented the Royal Spirit Group in connection with its acquisition of control of Carlisle Etcetera LLC from Tom James Company.
- Represented the independent special committee of the board of directors of Baltic Trading Limited in connection with Baltic Trading’s merger with Genco Shipping & Trading Limited, its controlling shareholder.
- Represented an asset manager in connection with its cross-border secondary acquisition of approximately 100 hedge and private equity fund interests.
- Represented Gravity Midstream, LLC in connection with its USD100 million acquisition from Trigeant Ltd. of a crude oil terminal and refinery pursuant to a bankruptcy court approved plan of reorganization.
- Represented Compass Partners International LLP in the sale of Drake Beam Morin Inc., a leading provider of strategic human resources solutions, to Adecco Group.
Rate : $$$