Steven D. Garden is a partner in the Tax Transactions & Consulting practice of Mayer Brown’s Chicago office. Steven represents clients on a wide range of tax matters, including financial transactions such as asset-backed securitizations, structured finance transactions, tax-exempt bond financings, catastrophe bond issuances and cross-border stock and debt offerings.
Steven also regularly advises clients on mergers, acquisitions, and disposition of businesses and international tax planning, with a focus on international corporate structure planning, offshore insurance company planning and cross-border transactions (including outbound investment and operation in foreign jurisdictions and foreign investment in the United States).
- Northwestern University School of Law, LLM in Taxation, with honors
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, JD, with honors
- Hebrew Theological College, BA, with high honors
Admissions : Illinois
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation
Rate : $$$$