Steven M. Gerenraich is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. His practice focuses in the areas of mergers & acquisitions (M&A), private equity and venture capital, joint venture and other commercial transactions, with particular experience in energy, construction, health care, health care related companies, and the food industry.
Mr. Gerenraich is a member of the firm’s Transactional & Securities and Private Equity & Venture Capital Practices as well as the Energy, Health Care, and Food & Beverage Industry Teams.
Mr. Gerenraich has extensive experience in a wide range of industries, including construction, renewable energy, financial services, transportation, metal recycling, manufacturing and consumer products, where he has represented public and privately held companies, private equity funds, investment banking firms, entrepreneurs and other interested parties in mergers, sales, acquisitions, 363 sales and other distressed acquisitions, reorganizations, management buyouts and other restructurings, as well as private placements, venture capital transactions and other equity and debt financings.
- Represented leading global supplier of support software and services to the energy transportation industry in sale to publicly traded company.
- Represented large U.S. based raw materials processing and handling corporation in acquisition of coke processing facility in bankruptcy.
- Represented a UK based metal recycling firm in connection with its U.S. acquisitions and implementation of its U.S. growth strategy, including strategic alliances and joint ventures with local producers.
- Represented the debtor estate in the sale of the Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation, the largest nonprofit healthcare bankruptcy in U.S. history.
- Represented health care management and consulting business in acquisition of perioperative and anesthesia services firm.
- Represented creditors committee in connection with the sale of beef and pork processing businesses in side by side bankruptcy auction process.
- Represented private equity fund in acquisition of organic and specialty food product business.
- Represented buyers (an affiliated group consisting of U.S., Canadian, and Mexican entities) in the purchase of railroad rolling stock, consisting of several hundred railcars and locomotives, related equipment and components and leases of rolling stock not owned by the seller.
- Represented a U.S.-based manufacturer of hair care products in a sale to an Indian based consumer products conglomerate.
Mr. Gerenraich is a magna cum laude graduate of the University of Illinois Law School (1996). His bachelor of arts degree was awarded, with honors, by the University of Michigan in 1989.
Rate : $$$